Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scams Suck

Today's post is brought to you today by -- Credit Card Services.. A credit card scamming company, YAY!
1-864-213-7092 <--- the number that called me

So the phone rings and this number shows up on the caller ID (864-213-7092) so I KNOW its either A) a telemarketer or B) someone looking for the people that USED to have our phone number. So I answer the phone... 
automated message..
"This is Credit Card Services, If you are more then $10,000 in debt, stay on the line or press 1 now.."
so I wait for a second option to be taken off the call list.. nothing so I push 1 thinking well I can at least ask the representative to have me taken off the list... This is how that conversation goes....               "Credit card service, we would like to approve you for up to 0% interest.. blah blah All I need you to do is verify a few details for me and we can get started"

"Actually, I just wanted to be taken of of the contact list, My husband and I do not have a credit card"

               "well our records show that you have a visa credit card and a mortgage and are more then $10,000 in debt.."

"well, I can assure you that we are not.. and we don't have a mortgage, we rent.."

                "well all we want to do is refinance your credit card..."

"I just want to be taken off the call list, I'm not interested in your offer"

                 "you obviously need our help if you don't own your own home...."

"Can I speak yo your manager..."                 "well you is just going to tell you what i'm tell you, we don't have a contact list so I cant take you off of it.."

"thats fine, can I still talk to him please..." 

                  "one second.."

**Hold for 30ish seconds**

                  "he don't wanna talk to you"

"excuse me?"

                  "he said if you have no debt, he dont wanna talk to you... its not worth his time"

"but you just told me i had $10,000 dollars in debt"


**keep in mind, i NEVER gave her any of my info so how the heck does she think she knows my finances..**

                   "Okay, thats fine.. Can I at least have your name??"

"its, uh, Butterfly A$$-Kisses" <---actual name she gave me..

                   "okay, thanks" 
and I hung up the phone.. So i googled this phone number and its totally a credit card scam.. she kept bouncing from credit card to mortgage, both of which we don't have.... anyways.. apparently a TON of people have gotten calls from them and someone that is 'working' for them found a loophole.. so there is NO way to trace them.. or report them according to what I've seen on the internet, I'm still investigating..



2 comments: