Sunday, June 24, 2012

Why are you parenting my kids...?

First I want to start by saying this is not geared or directed at any one person, just in general, things I see on a day to day basis. With that being said, I'll get started.

WHY is it that people feel the need to parent other peoples children, point out all the things the parent is doing wrong or should being doing at all? Its MY child/ren I will raise them as I see fit. I see this happen all too often. Someone will write or post something about their kids and there is ALWAYS one person that starts in on the judgement, like they are the perfect parent, sent from the heavens to show us we are all doing it wrong. It really really makes me crazy. Here are a few of the topics that top the charts.

  1. Breastfeeding vs. Bottle feeding
  2. Breast milk vs. Formula
  3. TV vs. Playing outside or Reading
  4. Meat vs. Veggies
  5. such and such...

Seriously. If you are not there to lift that person up or give constructed criticism then keep your words to your self. People should not feel badly or judge by how they choose to raise there kids. Just because they chose things that you wouldn't does NOT mean they are a bad parent. Ugh, it makes me so so so so irritated. Just keep your trap shut.

That is all, for now.



Yep -- Happy Baby.

3 comments:

  1. Only time i'd ever say anything is when kids are acting disrespectful and obnoxious in public... It wouldnt be the first time I said "how about controlling your kids" LOL but thats the only reason id say anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't let me reply :/ But that kind of thing I can understand. I'm talking about people criticizing other people for doing doing things THEIR way.. for instance, if someone chooses to bottle feed their child, its no body else's business, ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for NOT doing things* ugh, guess I should proof read haha

      Delete